Did you know that if you own a rental property in the city of Philadelphia, you must provide your tenants with a Certificate of Rental Suitability within 60 days of the start of their lease? On this Certificate, you as the owner sign and certify that you have provided the tenant with a copy of the Partners in Good Housing Handbook, and that all fire and smoke protection equipment is present and in good working order.
Please keep in mind, this is NOT the same thing as the required Rental License, but the good news is, this one is free!
The City has recently changed it’s system, so the old website for obtaining these will no longer work. Instead, follow the instructions below.
1. Owner must first have the rental license
3. Click on the lower part of the screen for request a Certificate of Rental Suitability
4. Fill in the rental license number on the next page
5. Click “next”
6. Click “Get CRS Report”
7. Download the report, sign it, and provide a copy to your tenants.
8. If you need a copy of the Partners in Good Housing Housing Handbook, you can download one here: https://www.phila.gov/documents/partners-in-good-housing-brochures/